Do it A'Ghan

A baby is coming! A baby is coming!

A couple of months back I was talking to my old friend Tony. He and I didn't grow up together, but we pretty much spent ages 12-16 or so attached at the hip. We were like two peas in a pod, ebony and ivory lol . . . Around his sophomore/junior year of high school we kinda lost touch as he went to find his way in life and I did the same.

I was at his parent's house and he came by. We joked and teased each other as ususal, and he ran downstairs and called, "Li'bit, come here, I've got something to show you." Lo and behold, it was an ultrasound picture! OK . . . so his mother and sister had already told me that his girlfriend was expecting, but I was obliged to act surprised.

And really, I was. It was all a little surreal, but last week when I received an invitation to the baby shower, I was reminded that my little Tony is going to be a father soon. Wow. Of course, a baby shower means gifts- what ever shall I bring for this bundle of joy? AHA- A cute little baby afghan!!! I think that'll be the perfect gift, as I've been waiting to try my hand at an afghan, and what better occasion than this?

I went on Crochet Pattern Central to look for a pattern, and I found a couple of cute ones. Well, I found several cute ones, but I think it'll be between these two.

Bubbles Baby Blanket

This one appeals to me because it's easy, quick, and it's worked up in a cute stitch.











Circles Stripes & Squares
This one, however, is simply ADORABLE. That is some beautiful work right there, and I could use lots of colors that would make it suitable for a boy (which is what they are expecting) or even a future baby girl. It'll be a lot more work though, and I think the shower is this month.

All I know is that they'd better keep it forever. For real.

Also, I know that Son' is also expecting a baby this year and I am considering making her an afghan as well. Again, I think that the Circles, Stripes, and Squares would be an excellent choice *nod*.

Last but not least, Tria just had her 21st birthday and we're having a grown-folk style sleepover to commemorate. All I'd planned on bringing was the jello shots *grin*, but I'm feeling a little inspired to make her something as well. The problem is, I don't know what. A scarf would be super-easy and quick, but scarf weather is almost over. I don't think she really wears hats either :( I thought about doing a pair of socks (I've been wanting to try those as well) in her favorite colors, pink and white, but I'm not sure how my first attempt at socks will come out. I'd like to eventually make use of my Speed Hook, so maybe a simple shawl or lapghan.

All I know is a sista is gonna need to shell out some dough for yarn :(. Donations are always accepted :D *grin*

0 comments: