Mission: Make Slouchy Beret

So I'm searching all over the innanet to find a cute slouchy beret pattern. I have some mustard Vanna's Choice left over from the capelet that I think I've decided to stop making *hangs head in shame*. I think I just fell out of love with it. Anyway, I just love the color- which probably means I'll be frogging that whole darn thing so I can use the yarn for another project. I'm picturing a lovely slouchy beret in that color, maybe with a little brown in there too.
Since this is a worsted weight yarn, I want to find a pattern that has a little airyness to it so I don't suffocate my head while trying to look cute. First stop: Google Search (of course). Turns out Threadbanger had quite a few listed on one of their Weekly DIY Roundups.

Now, I've seen the Pretty Puffs Slouchy Hat several times, and I think it looks pretty cool, but I'm hesitant about working it up in Vanna's Choice.














Then there's the Mesh Beret by AngryOlive. OK- weird pic I know, but it showed the best "hang" of the beret.

I think this would look much better in the yarn I have, but we'll see which one I end up feeling inspired to make. Maybe both!

0 comments: